This year, take holiday baking to the next level and make these indescribably delicious gluten free, dairy free and beyond tasty caramel pretzel cookies recipe by @crowded_kitchen! Creamy Vanilla Cocomels Coconut Milk Caramels and crunchy Quinn Whole Grain Sea Salt Pretzel Twists come together to create a sweet and salty holiday treat. Make a batch of these tasty holiday cookies for your family, friends and neighbors this year... and don't forget to save a few in the cookie jar for yourself!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of vegan butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ cup chocolate chips
- ¾ cup chopped Quinn Whole Grain Sea Salt Pretzel Twists + more for topping (find these HERE!)
- 12 Cocomels Vanilla Caramels (find these HERE!)
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Stir together flax meal and water and let sit to thicken for 15 minutes.
- Add melted butter, brown sugar and regular to a stand mixer with paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Add flax egg and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together both flours, salt and baking soda. Add to wet mixture and beat until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips and chopped pretzels.
- Use a small cookie scoop to portion dough onto parchment paper. Top with a Cocomels caramel, then another small scoop of cookie dough. Make sure dough completely covers the caramel. Top each cookie with a pretzel. Freeze dough for 20-30 minutes, then bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.