You might be wondering why Cocomels are vegan? The short answer is ... I want it all! Well, what I mean is that I don’t believe you have to compromise between a delicious, mind-blowing, mouthgasm-inducing treat and it being better-for-you and the planet. Sure, it makes it harder to do both – the more natural something is, the more it’s prone to variability, a shorter shelf life and difficulty cooking it in large quantities – but I believe these are challenges worth taking on. Tough at first, but rewarding in the end.
When I was first creating Cocomels, I wanted to create a dairy-free caramel. My body doesn’t like dairy, my heart and mind don’t like the dairy industry and all of me LOVES caramel. When I discovered that coconut milk made a delicious caramel it struck me: WOW! This is better than old-fashioned caramel, and it’s vegan! I knew then that I wanted to get this out into the world – people, especially vegans, needed to know about the coconut milk caramel and tell me if I should keep on going.
Well, from early on, my vegan friends were diehard supporters and the response was unanimous – keep going! This fueled my drive to grow and introduce Cocomels to the world.
Today, I’m proud that we are offering many forms of delicious, plant-based, vegan caramels – that most classic of candies and one of the most widely-used ingredients and flavors.
Cocomels are more than just vegan caramels
Cocomels, I’m honored to say:
- Are now the #1 caramel brand in natural and specialty grocery stores
- Use no dairy and are even displacing dairy caramel sales at the store
- Contain all the benefits of coconut
- Are responsible for none of the environmental impacts of the dairy industry
- Help prove that vegan food can be delicious, or EVEN BETTER, than non-vegan food
- Also prove you can make a mind-blowing vegan confection with natural and organic ingredients
I hope you enjoy Cocomels. Please let us know how you feel.